Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Baby G’s nursery

One of the coolest things of being a parent is that you get to relive/realize things from your own childhood. I always wanted to have a mural in my room as a kid. They were very popular back in Soviet Union and I remember seeing them at the doctors’ office, library or on the walls of my kindergarten. The scale, the colours, the whimsical characters - I was fascinated by them as a kid.

So when we found out we were going to be parents, I knew I wanted to paint one for my baby’s nursery: And here it is. Perhaps, not as perfect as I thought it would be, but I am happy with it. My goal was to be original with the characters. For some reason, I wanted to stay away from Disney:) And use lots of colour!

Besides the mural, there is one more detail in the room that I like a lot. The doily pendant. It's special because it was the first diy project for the baby that V and I both worked on and it's also made of doilies made by my grandma:)
The rest of the room décor is pretty low-key. No mobile, fancy toys or expensive pieces of furniture. Our “changing table” underneath the mural was an old tv stand donated to V on one of his moves that he spray painted white. The corner closet and the crib were both from Ikea.

No comments:

Post a Comment