Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Stopping halfway

First, let me tell you what it is actually like to be on vacation at home: cooking, cleaning, folding laundry. Remember Miranda's words in SATC about having a maid: “It’s like if I’m not working, I should be cleaning or making pies”.
I’m down four days of my well-deserved vacation and it seems that all my activities are happening in the kitchen. Husband comes from work hungry – I make sure there is food. On the plate and in the fridge/pantry. Otherwise I get “you were at home all day, why didn’t you cook”? And with his workouts and manual labour, I feel like I’m living with an always hungry man.
I started using dishwasher. I’m not subjecting my hands to washing dishes three times a day, everyday. And I'm thinking of getting a slow cooker to minimize the dinner cooking time!

But enough complaining. I was able to do my black wall. Or halfway black wall, to be exact. And I think I’m stopping at just that. I was tempted to go all the way up, really, but I felt it might be too much for this space: What do you think?

Oh, please ignore the wooden air vent sticking out, it's living its last few days before being replaced.

4 comments: