Thursday, April 4, 2013

Built in PAX

The spring is here and so is the time to change up the winter clothes to a lighter spring/summer ones. While doing so the other day, I couldn’t help but notice how well we’re doing with our  PAX wardrobe system. We installed it almost a year ago, but had completely finished it off a few days ago.
I guess the system works for us because V and I are trying to keep everything minimal around here. I’m not a “fashionista” type of woman, there is no closet space devoted to shoes or a place to hold all my jewellry, simply because I don’t have much of any of that. I can occasionally splurge on good jeans, nice pair of sneakers or boots and I might have a soft spot for scarves and shawls:) but nothing too excessive even there. And with V, its even much more simpler than that – couple of jeans, nice sweater, some t-shirts and socks:) We literally shop for “his” clothes once, twice a year at most. That’s right, folks – minimalism, take it or leave it, but it’s our philosophy and we’re sticking to it.:)

Basically, we have three sections in our PAX: two meter-ones for each of us on the sides and half-a-meter-one in the middle - to be shared.
In order to fit this giant in the closet niche, V had to cut a bit of the linen closet that intersects into the room on the right side, and built the wall over. Not his favourite reno thing to do, but it had to be done in order to gain the 2.5m wide space. There was some empty space left atop the closet, which we closed off by using a baseboard strip from Home Depot. V also attached a quarter round at the base to give our PAX a fully “built-in” look.
We opted for single doors in shiny white and three mirrored ones in the middle. They enhance the size of the room and reflect so much needed light.
I'm quite happy with our PAX so far and already looking for other places in the house to fit another one into:)

4 comments:

  1. it looks really awesome! :P
    I'm going to miss my PAX so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nataliya!
    I'm sure you'll have lots of PAXes to install in the future:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work. Can you post a little more detail about you trimmed out the top and bottom? We're looking to do a similar project and want a really clean built-in look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you! What exactly do you need to know? I wish you were in Ottawa and my hubby could help you out with this:)

      Delete